Stroller Problems, or To Get a New Stroller or Not To?

Stroller problems. Today that was my problem.

I've used the same stroller for approximately 3 years, it's a babyzen yoyo and it is fantastic. however, the front wheel has started dragging. Cue panic.



Look, I know there are some parents who are like, "when my kid turns 18 months old, it's time to walk, we donate the stroller and everyone pulls their own weight." And yes, that works for a car-based lifestyle where a kid has to walk only from the car to the playground, school, store. But for me, I stroller everywhere. 

So thus began a long odyssey to find replacement stroller wheels. I went to Corte Inglés. They don't sell replacement wheels. Went to a special baby things store. They do not carry them in their store but do in their repair shop...in Las Rozas. Way far away. Went to a bike shop* where the friendly mechanic spun the wheels and diagnozed my problem: the weight of the stroller had rubbed away the bolt and so too much pressure was being applied to the front wheel.*** Replacement wheels should fix it.

My options are:

a. buy a new babyzen yoyo (which is 450 euros, omg)

b. buy an entirely new, different stroller that is cheaper

c. order the wheels and hope they show up asap

d. ditch the broken stroller and inform Don Loco that henceforth, he will be walking everywhere

A is tempting but obviously crazy. I can't spend that much money on a new stroller and even if I did, Don Loco is close to the weight limit for the stroller anyway. (I think I have discovered the reason for why the stroller broke.)

El Andaluz*** and I tried option D, but Don Loco was not having it. 

"Quieres caminar o usar el carrito?"

"Carrito-minar," he said, hopping into the stroller.  

*I'm not explaining this wwell, but basically it's super broken

**All of this while pushing a stroller with a dragging wheel

***To be specific, it was El Andaluz was pushing the problematic stroller all over the neighborhood


Comments

Popular Posts