What's Better than the Giralda in Sevilla?

Wow guys. I don't say this very often, but this activity was amazing and I think worthy of an 11/10. If I had only 2 hours in Sevilla, I'd skip the Giralda* and head straight to the Pabellón de la Navegación. It's that good.

Where: Pabellón de la Navegación on Isla de la Cartuja. It looks far away but it's actually a very easy stroll (15 min?) from the Mercado de Triana or the Plaza de Armas. Mentally though, it's far, so I took a taxi.

Cost: 6 euros, free for 5 and under. however we paid a reduced rate like, 3.90? Because the viewing tower was closed.

Logistics: It's this amazing, immersive, very kid-friendly museum about Spanish's maritime past. It's so well done. The museum looks like a ship, it has little stations with narrations in English and Spanish, there are these video games at the end where your kid can shoot a cannon at a video screen, all these very tactile activities like rigging a sail and piloting a boat. Fantastic even for me, a person who gets seasick just looking at a kayak.

Fun for Preschoolers rating: 11/10, take your little pirate-in-training, just go, it's great!

Update: Don't just take my word for it, Diario de Sevilla reports that visits to the Pabellón de Navegación have doubled since they renovated. 

*okay, guys don't literally skip the Giralda, but remember, no strollers permitted in the giralda, so until Don Loco is fully committed to the walk-only lifestyle, we're skipping it

Pabellón de la Navegación: One of the best museums I've ever visited


Comments

Popular Posts